CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Baked Sweet Potatoes

Baked Mashed Potatoes
serves 8

8 oz of canned sweet potatoes, drained
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 tablespoon orange juice
4 cups marshmallows

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl beat potatoes until smooth. Set aside.
3. Heat milk in a small saucepan to boiling.
4. Add vanilla, sugar and butter.
5. Stir cinnamon, nutmeg, and orange juice into potatoes.
6. Stir milk mixture into potatoes until smooth.
7. Spread half the potatoes in bottom of 13X9X2 baking pan (use cooking spray if you want to).
8. Layer 2 cups marshmallow over potatoes.
9. Cover with remaining sweet potatoes.
10. Bake for 30 minutes.
11. Layer remaining marshmallows on top.
12. Bake for 20 minutes, until brown.

Here's the link where I got the original recipe (that I tweaked a bit):
Recipezaar

I of course made a huge batch and when I do that I kinda just eyeball the amounts for everything, but my sweet potatoes turned out well, so I must have done something right! Enjoy!


1 comment:

Melisa Waldorf said...

Heather all of these sound yummy! I just wanted to take a minute to thank you for stopping by and commenting on my recent FCD post and let you know about ALOT of awesome blog candy being given away:

I would like to invite you the the first annual "March of the Snowmen" Blog Hop saturday Dec 5th. I'm soooo excited about this one and almost every participate is offering up blog candy. If you could spread the word, that would be wonderful!
http://melisawaldorf.blogspot.com